Saturday, February 7, 2009

So hot it's not funny

To start with let me say I woke up as tired as when I finally got to sleep at 1am this morning.
Last night and the past 2 nights have been 24-25C and the days have been 38-39C.
Doesn't feel very nice waking up in a lather of sweat and knowing its only going to get worse as the day goes on.got to 42c today with not an ounce of breeze.
I must say we are lucky so far that we haven't had any fires around Gunnedah yet, further south in the Hunter Valley, Sydney The South coast of NSW and Victoria are copping it bad with fires.
In Victoria 30 homes were lost in 1 small town. In the Singleton area(where we lived before moving here) over 1,000 hectres of bushland has burned so far and they are thinking the fire might head toward town.,
Dad lives in the Hunter Valley in the wine growing area,I was getting a bit concerned about fires as they usually get a lot of fires every year, so rang him and no fires so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, I live near Maitland and I haven't heard of any bushfires in the area, although it is still very warm, I agree hard to sleep when your dripping sweat...take care....

    ReplyDelete